2020 has come to an end; look forward with HOPE into 2021.
2020 has been a great adventure for Hope Hub, and we want to share with you some of our highlights of the year:
• From January – March, Hope Hub ran expressive art workshops working with groups in the community, providing a safe space for self-expression and having important conversations about mental health. • When lockdown hit, the workshops came to a halt, leading to the creation of Hope Box.
In April, Hope Box was formed starting with 15 boxes disturbed locally in Dundee.
• In July, we held our first Hope Hub Live Exhibition from The Workshop where we showed a range of artwork made from the boxes – we had live performances from music, art and poetry! This kickstarted many more of our live events (Hope Hub LIVE and Hope Hub presents…) that ran through until December. All of the live events can be watched back on the Front Lounge Facebook page.
• Hope Box reached Fife in June with 150 boxes being distributed. A short film, ‘Hope Box Journey to Fife’ was created by James Ajala which can be watched via the Hope Hub website (https://www.facebook.com/frontlounge.org/videos).
• In July, Family Fun Online worked with young families and young adults with additional needs in Dundee together with young families in China. Family Fun Online was enabled by Hope Boxes filled with activities to support online sessions.
• We ran our first Hope Hub Positivity in Lockdown Art Competition in July!
• Hope Hub presents… World Mental Health Day, 10 October. What an event!
• Art Drop was released mid October into Dundee City with hidden clues for the public to find, spreading hope and positivity in the community.
• Throughout April – December, Hope Boxes were continuously being packed and distributed – mostly in Dundee, Angus, Fife, Perth & Kinross and reaching across Scotland leading to 1000+ boxes in total.
Hope Hub would like to thank everyone for all your beautiful artworks you have shared with us over the course of the year, and thank you for supporting our live events! It’s important for us to reflect and see all of the hurdles we have overcome this year. It’s ok not to feel ok, particularly at this time of year, but look at how far you’ve come! KEEP GOING!
Stay Safe everyone!
And Happy New Year!